Monday, March 27, 2006

Airports

Again back to the airport.... arriving alone to an airport it's never easy to me! Crossing the "entry" door knowing that I won't have anyone waiting to pick me up, puts me face to face with this incomparable feeling of loneliness!

It's usually those 15-25 minutes between the landing and the taxi stopage at my door, those are the worst minutes.... My heart shrinks, I feel as if I don't belong anywhere, I wish I didn't travelled, I wish I saw life simply, I wish I was like everyone else and have anyone else's life in order not to submit my self to the torture of travelling all the time between my family, friends and work....

But then, smoothly the taxi drives through the city, I take some time to breed and enjoy the view of the place I chose to live for the time being, until finally we're at my door step... I get off the car, pick up my stuff, open the door... and slowly the feeling of loneliness starts to vanish...
It's always like this whatever the city, whatever the airport.... Lisbon, Geneva.... the ritual of arriving completely alone always makes me travel trough the deepest doubts about the way I'm conducting my life, and how alone we really are to face our own path...

But fortunately this awful feeling doesn't last too long... so by the time I turn on the ipod and finish my shower.... Life is again back to normal and not the scariest thing I can imagine!

Happy New Year and lot's of chocolat all year round!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home